Thursday, December 27, 2007

Garden Photos

I spent some time in the garden this morning with my new camera. It's amazing that I can capture such spring-themed images in the depths of winter, but that's one of the interesting things about living in Southern California.


Earlier this year, I participated in a ritual that honored bees. The rite was in response to the bee crisis but it was also appropriate for me personally, as I have an irrational fear of bees. Part of my spiritual Work is confronting my fears - identifying them and examining how they manifest in me and all my parts. So, the fact that I was able to get close enough to take the next picture is indicative of progress.

2 comments:

Jonah said...

Wow! That's an awesome photo with the bee in it :-)

Marni said...

Thanks, Jonah! I like it, too.